All Saints School was founded in 1911 by Father Francis J. Kolb. At that time, the school consisted of five large classrooms, and a large auditorium known as Lyceum Hall. The school had an enrollment of 130 students in first through eighth grade and classes were administered by the Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
In 1970, the Vincentian Sisters of Charity replaced the Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. A half day kindergarten program was opened in 1975. Kindergarten was extended to full day sessions in 1989. In 1997, an after school care program was offered to families who had children enrolled at All Saints School.
Beginning in 1998, the Vincentian Sisters of Charity no longer staffed the school, and a lay person was hired as principal. In 1999, a half day preschool program was initiated. With the start of the 2007-08 school year, the preschool program for four-year- old students was expanded to three full day sessions each week. The preschool program for three-year- old students remains at two half day sessions each week.
The school now operates as a regional school, serving communities in western Fayette and eastern Greene counties. All Saints Regional School provides a preschool program, as well as an elementary education program for students in kindergarten through sixth grade. The school is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. A detailed description of All Saints Regional School can be found at the Middle States Association Web site, under “Descriptions of Accredited Schools.”
All Saints Regional School is currently staffed by eight full time teachers and several part time, specialty teachers. The specialty teachers provide instruction in the areas of computer technology, elementary Spanish, music, and physical education.
While many things have changed at All Saints since the school’s founding in 1911, the mission of the school remains the same – “To maintain an educational program that will provide for the spiritual, intellectual, social and physical development of students.”